Tuesday, February 7, 2017
I Am, I Said...
In a short while we will depart our hotel in Jaffa for Jerusalem. The hotel lobby is abuzz with anticipation. Yesterday was...exhausting. We started at 8:15 and didn't get back to the hotel after dinner until 10:30pm. It was exhilarating to be sure, but it's a lot to process. I'm grateful for the hour-long ride ahead. How can we top yesterday's inspiration? I'm looking forward to finding out. In the meantime, I can't get one of my mother's favorite songs out of my head. It's the Neil Diamond classic referenced in this post's title. I always found the song a bit of a tease. But this morning I feel like I get it for the first time. As life goes on without us back home, it's an odd feeling. Combined with the hard work we're doing here, in a land that is ours, but isn't reallly home, I truly feel the dichotomy this morning. "I Am I Cried...I Am Said I...And I Am Lost And I Don't Even Know Why." On to Jerusalem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment